Summer & Fall 2017
Small Coffee is seeking Public Relations Interns for Summer and Fall 2017. These paid internships will provide hands-on experience at a growing agency. Interns will walk away with both knowledge and experience about publicity, events planning, marketing, and being a small business owner. Please read this blog before applying!
About Small Coffee
Austin-based Small Coffee is a small agency that helps small businesses amplify their brands through strategic public relations, social media and grassroots marketing campaigns. Founded in 2014, Small Coffee currently works with five (really fun and interesting) B2B businesses and is taking on more work.
Internship Position Description
Interns will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Principal with a variety of marketing, public relations, and events planning tasks for Small Coffee’s clients. By the end of the 12-week internship, interns will know the ins and outs of owning and operating a small public relations and marketing agency. This is a paid internship ($10/hour) and interns will be expected to work 8-12 hour weeks. Office hours are somewhat flexible and interns may be able to work remotely on occasion. Small Coffee’s office is in East Austin.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Marketing focus may include:
- Engage with Principal on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and public relations campaigns for clients
- Assist with event planning logistics by following up with vendors and helping coordinate project management
- Assist with gathering and analyzing data and metrics for reports
- Provide support and assistance for product launches and events. Tasks may include media relations and email marketing
- Participate in the occasional meeting or photo-shoot with clients
- Assist with social media engagement by helping manage social channels, drafting editorial calendars, and monitoring social media analytics
Public Relations focus may include:
- Write and assist with the pitching of press releases and other media pitches
- Research and compile the editorial calendars of publications
- Create and update editorial database using industry software
- Write and research content for blogs
- Help with the project management of events and workshops
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Report weekly to Principal, outlining accomplishments and goals
- Keep organized files of company materials that are either shared with intern or created by intern, and be able to access those files when needed
- Communicate as directed with third parties, such as publications, website developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Assist with researching industry-specific and competitor sites for product releases, product reviews, customer comments, and other relevant marketing information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Some knowledge and experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp and Instagram required
- Very strong interest in marketing, PR, and entrepreneurship
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Must be deadline-driven, professional, dependable and have good follow-through
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with design programs (such as Adobe Suite) a plus, but not required
- Experience with Google Analytics, MailChimp, Eventbrite, BaseCamp, and Squarespace preferred, but not required
* A personal laptop is required for this position. A computer is not provided by Small Coffee.
- Must be enrolled in college
- Business, Public Relations, Journalism, or related major
Please send your cover letter, resume and two recent writing samples (or portfolio) to Clarisa Ramirez, email@example.com, by April 28, 2017.